What information should I have prepared for my babysitter?
Hiring a reliable babysitter is hard. You may work tirelessly to find the right person and once you do, you want to make sure they’re informed. Tandem has put together a printable babysitter checklist to make one step of this process a little easier for you.
Whether you are a parent of an infant, toddler, or school-aged child, and hiring a babysitter for the first time or a pro, a checklist is always good to have on hand. So what types of things are important to include in a babysitter checklist? We are going to go over a few ideas to help you fill in a babysitter checklist.
- Contact information for important family members
- Home address
- Home telephone number and cell phone numbers
- Contact information of a neighbor or close friend
- Pediatrician’s office and on-call emergency number.
- Allergies that your baby or other children may have including food allergies.
- Medications required while you are out
- If your child has severe food allergies or allergies that can be life-threatening and could require the potential use of an EpiPen, make sure you instruct the babysitter on how to administer emergency medications.
- First Aid kit location.
Where To Find:
- Spare key to the home.
- Location of light switches and lights in the home.
- Location of a Fire extinguisher in the home.
Where you will be:
- Locations of where you will be while you are out.
- Let the babysitter know if you will not be accessible by phone while you’re out.
When You Should Be Contacted:
- If your baby or child develops an illness such as a fever or vomiting.
- If anyone is injured and more than a Band-Aid is needed.
- If your baby or child is inconsolable and the babysitter is unsuccessful in calming and soothing the situation.
- Questions about medication doses, information about your baby or child that is needed, etc.
- Screen time limits.
- Rooms off-limits.
- Foods not allowed.
Download Tandem’s free, printable babysitter checklist and keep it handy for child care providers.
Need a date night, but aren’t sure what to do with the kids? Check Out Tandem’s CEO, Olivia Weinstock on the “What Matters” podcast
SUBSCRIBE to our Channel:
Find a one time babysitter near you: https://www.join-tandem.com/families
Find an on-going babysitter near you: https://www.join-tandem.com/families
Find a part-time or full-time nanny year you: https://www.join-tandem.com/families
Find a great tutor that fits your needs: https://www.join-tandem.com/families
Get Tandem as a benefit through your employer with Tandem Enterprise: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yVgwh_GENyu475DwrRyghGLRDYfO8Xn3/view?_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8wEHsOrqst6l0eHDajcQX-cZmlhtpaXajjarMXlqnoF7w3pbFxhrJf4YcLN8CFCuuVd_wj
Find after school jobs: https://www.join-tandem.com/sitters
Is your employer bulking up employee benefits in 2021? Read our most recent blog on how Tandem is assisting local businesses: https://join-tandem.medium.com/childcare-in-the-era-of-covid-19-a-guide-for-businesses-a7390cee143d
Child care isn’t just for date nights. Many parents use our services while they are working from home. Read our blog on how child care can assist you even if you never leave the house: https://join-tandem.medium.com/can-you-still-use-childcare-help-even-if-youre-not-leaving-the-house-efb587dfa235
Here are 5 tips for working from home parents: https://join-tandem.medium.com/5-tips-for-working-from-home-parents-c3eefb44cf36
6 tips for learning from home: https://join-tandem.medium.com/6-tips-for-learning-from-home-4f6b4df58baf
Here are helpful articles around COVID-19:
Your coronavirus questions answered: What families and caregivers need to know: https://www.join-tandem.com/covid19Policy
Many parents are finding their kids home from school again: https://join-tandem.medium.com/childcare-home-based-providers-are-the-future-c7d025080ffb
Listen to Tandem’s story in Salem Communication’s Local Business Spotlight Interview: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7uicmqpkq5pgx9c/LBS%20Tandem%20Childcare%2010%2003%2604%20%231.mp3?dl=0
Tandem CEO, Olivia Weinstock on Mid Ohio Breakfast Club: https://audiomack.com/wdlrnews/song/tandem?fbclid=IwAR3QMumVASuAjCoDsHqHCPP0FWShpqxllGYYnAWdVwgFwowbnKSECm5BW0s
Do you need a date night but not exactly sure what to do with the kids? 610 WTVN What Matters Podcast, Mindy and Mikaela have you covered: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/960-what-matters-with-m-29090968/episode/hr-1-need-a-date-72218445/?cmp=web_share&embed=true&pname=fb&campid=s&keyid=3577031463&fbclid=IwAR2rMzRfDnXjZ1UX_2zGOpd9dftH3fcchFIm6pVwJVFjjVy9jKdEo8GRCX8
See how Tandem helped these families in central Ohio find the perfect child care:
Check out The Work From Home Mindset For Parents by 614Mom: http://www.614mom.com/blog/2020/11/17/the-working-from-home-mindset-for-parents
Tandem Co-Founders made the Midwest’s Top Female Founders to Watch in 2021: https://www.purpose.jobs/blog/the-midwests-top-female-founders-to-watch-in-2021
join-tandem.com is a completely free platform for parents to find sitters, nannies, and tutors in central Ohio. Tandem connects parents with reliably vetted child care providers near Columbus, Ohio. The Tandem Babysitting App provides flexibility for both parents and providers. Open, easy communication connecting trusting parties based on matched needs. There is an efficient payment system that allows parents to pay their child care provider through their online portal and providers receive 100% of their pay immediately.